• The design was created using the ornaments of Armenian Ayntab Embroidery.
• Ayntab was a city of Cilicia in Historical Armenia (Nowadays Turkey), where the Armenians used to do needlework with a special technique, designs, and ornaments typical only to that city. Usually, it was done on white textiles with silk threads by filament technique.
• So later the name of needlework was famous from the city name Ayntab.
• So now Ayntab Needlework became an inspiration to create this collection of the rings, earrings, bracelets etc….
• It's a way to keep the pattern of Ayntab needlework alive and world-famous.
Tatevik Muradyan - MURADiAN
MURADiAN is a jewelry collection inspired by the ornamental patterns of traditional Armenian embroidered carpets. Each piece in the MURADiAN collection features the intricate designs developed and used for generations in the Marash and Ayntab cities of historic Cilicia. The artist behind the brand, Tatevik Muradyan, believes in the ability to incorporate traditional art and cultural traditions in modern, stylish and wearable jewelry pieces.